Letters from Siblings part 1


 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 PART 1 Sept- November 2022
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Emma 9/1/22
How are you feeling ??! My guess is pumped, nervous, and maybe a little homesick still? I’m so excited that you get to be in the MTC in person and I LOVE knowing you’re in Provo with me for a few short weeks before TRINIDAD 🫣🥳
Hey elder Miller!! 

I know you can’t respond but mama said you could read emails throughout the week so I am going to be good about sending them! 


I bet you’ve had an earful from eggleston in person already and I want to know if you’re in the MtC choir! 

I’m doing well here- lots of studying but my roommates are awesome! Of course I miss home but it is not the same homesick I thought it would be so that’s a blessing! Just know nothing really changes at home haha it will be pretty much the same when you get home 

I know mama sent you with some great talks so don’t feel obligated but I thought I’d pass thid one along if you needed new pstudy material!! It is called MISSIONARY WORK AND THE ATONEMENT by elder holland 
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

AVERY 9-10-22

 Miles, 

I’m so sad and sorry that I we couldn’t talk long today, but I wanted you to know that I am constantly thinking about you. I also have been constantly praying for you- morning, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and night prayers;). I really hope you are doing good your first week out and I also hope that the chocolate milk is all the hype;). I have definitely missed you around here- it’s not as fun that’s for sure! 

School has been going good but most days I have a lot of homework. Seminary has been good too and I’m grateful for that, but I still wish you were in there with me. I have been driving Katie (KT) a lot and Dad is wants me to get my license before tryouts (October 31) Yikes! I really need to start studying if that’s gonna happen;). 

Also, Mama told me about the choir and Elder Uchtdorf! That's sooo cool! 

Alrighty, here is the short summary of what happened at b-ball…I got there, and the coach asked me who I was but that was it for the rest of the practice and that was a little frustrating that he never reached out after that. There were about 16 girls.  I think the vibe and the girls are better than at Owyhee, but I definitely felt alone. I was the only sophomore and the only new person, everyone else were Juniors and Seniors. For the first hour we scrimmaged but no one knows who I am, so I didn’t really do anything. Even when I did get the ball, I was kinda out of control, which was also frustrating. Then for the second hour we went to the weight room and a lot of people left so there was only seven of us and he wanted us to partner up. So, of course I was the only one without a partner and I just felt out of place the whole time. I know that probably makes sense because I’m new, but I just really wish I wasn’t the only new person there. Other than that, I really hope Thursday is better. Sorry if that sounds like a list of excuses. I’m sure it will get better with time. 

AAnyways, I love you more than you know and I’m so proud of you! You are such an amazing example to me, and I look up to you so much! Hope this next week is even better Elder Miller!!  💜💜💜

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Emma 9/12

Hola elder!!

How are you doing? I can’t tell you hoW many times I’ve driven past the MtC this week and gotten teary! It is so hard being so close but not being able to see you! I miss you!

This last week was good for me. Classes are starting to pick up and I really enjoy my roommates! We went to dinner with Jennie last night and it was so fun to see Al the cousins! Drew is growing a little mustache haha and we met Ethan’s girlfriend- mucho interessante! (Is that even Spanish?!)

I went on a date with Ben hall, and elder from my mission and oh my goodness miles it was so awkward haha! We just went out to dinner but he wouldn’t say more than two words at a time and just stared at me. It made me so grateful for my mission and learning how to small talk and keep awkward conversations rolling. He wants to go out again but there is no way!

I went to a mission reunion! That was super fun, I was planning on going to the football game after but it didn’t end until 7;45 and the kickoff started at 8 so I spent the night with companions which was a blast!
The game was insane though! Can you see the stadium from the MtC? They won 26 to 20 in double OT! Byus kicker missed two Fg’s to win it! He was lucky Baylors kicker was off too! So sick for byu to win! They went to 12 in the nation I think! Whooo! I’ll still cheer on the broncos when they play though 😈🤍

I spend most of my time studying which I enjoy most days but I get pretty bored up here. I took for granted all the siblings always around!

How are you getting along with your comp? Is he still weirdly assertive and leaderish? Crazy to think you have like two more weeks!! Woah!!

Tomorrow pres oaks is speaking at byu and I’m pumped!! It should be good! I’ll send you some of my highlights! Also I found this cool quote by holland that made me miss my mission so I thought I’d attach it!

As always, don’t feel like you need to respond- I’ll get the run down on p-day! Kinda a boring update I know but hey, just know I’m ALWAYS thinking about you and so pumped for Wednesday!

You have all my love and prayers and thoughts! Your faith is a strength to me! Keep up the great work- it is so unbelievably worth it!!
love Emma

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

9-22-2022   Package from Sadie with a picture she painted at Miles' request



♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Comment ça va?
Today is not my pday but I have permission to send this for a class assignment. Even though it is for a class assignment doesn't mean I'm not serious about it. 
I miss you so much and I hope school and basketball are getting better. I think about you constantly and I pray for you individually every night. 
Have you been going to the temple recently? I know with school and ball things stay pretty busy around there and you can't drive quite yet, but I invite you to make a plan with Graham (and soon Lainey!) To go do temple baptisms frequently. I'm not saying weekly because without a car thats hard but really make it so important. The last time I get to go to the temple for two years is on Monday. I am going to miss it so much. So if you'd make a regular habit of going and telling me all about it, I'd love that. I am so proud of you Avery. I know if you make time for the temple in your life you will have time for all other things that you have to get done. The lord wants you there avery. And it makes him so happy when you commit to being there. 
I love you and hope you have a great week. Talk to you soon! 
-Elder Miller

avery miller

Tue, Sep 27, 9:44 PM (8 days ago)
to me
Did you look up how to say that French phrase? If not I am very proud of you! 😉🤍
Also I just wanted to email you to tell you that I am definitely thinking and praying about- not just tomorrow either!
I hope you know how proud I am of you!
You are such a wonderful missionary and I love talking to you on P-days 
I hope you have safe flights and you don’t get too bored
I love you so much Miles!!!




♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

9/25/2022

MILES!! Happy birthday! I've been thinking about you all week hoping that today was extra special for you! 
I've been meaning to tell you, I've seen a handful of those weird animal shirts since you've had yours, so maybe they are coming back in? i sure hope not haha

It is absolutely insane to me to think that you will be out of the country in a few short days- but in some ways i think it will be easier for me than knowing you are like 5 minutes away at the MTC. I get teary every time I drive by. I miss you so much, you have no idea. I'm pumped you'll be on Curacao (however you spell that)! I cannot wait for more emails and pictures and to live it vicariously through you! But dang it, I wish you were coming home soon haha. 

I also cannot believe that now you are 19?! So like every unoriginal birthday card out there, here are 10 things I love and miss about you: 

1. I miss our inside jokes: I have always loved and been proud of my relationship with you. I just felt close to you and a lot of that stemmed from spending a lot of time together. Do you remember when we would walk to South from Dad's office and we came up with that whole hypothetical about Austin ripping his shirt off and swinging it around at the birds? We are so weird. or, " Who are you and what are you doing in MY office" You genuinely know how to make me laugh and I loved spending time with you. These last couple months (minus your home MTC, I'm a loser for bailing out) were so speical to me getting to share the Teen Beach room. So many memories that I will hold so close while you are so far. 

2. Your killer confidence: you carry yourself with so much confidence, you know who you are, and you are kind to those that aren't. Whether that meant wanting a fleece lined jean jacket from Ross or doing a basketball performance for the talent show, I aspire to be as confident as you are one day. 

3. Your tenderness to Graham: I absolutely love this. It has been a hard miracle to watch him navigate all of this. He sure loves and looks up to you. I might be bias, but you are the best brother anyone could ask for and especially as an only brother to little G. Anything that you do, he is right there trying to do it with you. He told me all about the sweet thing you set up on the lego table for him, or that you would let him be a part of your mowing routine. He felt pretty cool about that. I love the way you treat him, the way you love him, and the way you call him brother.

4. I love your laugh: it is one of those that if I hear it, I start laughing. I miss it-

5. I love how seriously you take your priesthood responsibility and spiritual things: It is evident in you as a missionary, representing the Savior in Trinidad, it is evident in your immediate acceptance and love for the temple, and willingness to work there for a couple weeks. The way you dress your best for the sacrament and are always willing to fill in where needed. It was SO apparent in your farewell and every testimony since you were set apart. You are going to do AMAZING things! 

6. I love how much you love sports. How I can beat you at PIG ;) but don't stand a chance at 1v1 because of your little backup move haha jk. I love how you play 2k just to be a fashion designer and then try to deny it 

7. I love how chill you are. Like so low key, go with the flow, get along with everyone types. You make people feel comfortable and included when you're around. I think it is so admirable and cool how genuine and accepting of your MTC comp you have been. I know it hasn't always been super easy, but you are so Christlike in your interactions with him. Trust me, there will be plenty more Egglestons, but I don't worry about you just loving and lifting (until they have a hiccup problem and then I might worry:)

8.  I love our Hawaii 5.0 marathons and the special time and memories it created for me you and abe. We talk about it all the time, "remember when miles would always say it was the first person they investigated" then we would just laugh. You would say, " I should be on their squad" hah. I love thinking back on all of our fun memories with you

9. I love how much you care about your haircuts ahaha. I think that will change after 2 years in the caribbean but for now, i love that it matters to you. Maybe that is coming from someone that really loves hair and makeup things, but it cracks me up that you used to use a hair dryer and every gel product out there, to not doing your hair at all haha Oh miles, you are too cute!

10. I love your desire to serve the Lord. You've taken every obstacle and adventure of the mission so far in complete stride and I have no doubt you will be His miracle worker. I know that God is so proud of you. Proud of the decision you made to serve Him, but even more so proud of the way you've lived your life to be worthy to represent Him. There are people in Trinidad within the next 2 years that need an Elder Miller. They didn't need Sadie, or I with our tags down there, but specifically you for a reason and a purpose and I cannot wait for you to find them. They will need your Spanish, your experiences, and your testimony. They are so blessed and I just wish they knew how blessed they are. 

My list could go on and on but I know you probably have a lot of birthday emails to read! Mom made a post on group me haha (don't be mad) so hopefully you felt the love, because there are so many prayers and fasts and temple worship and thoughts headed your direction every day, but especially today! I hope your MTC district made it special (as special as it can be on a Sunday in the MTC. 

I miss you Miles. I'm in tears writing this because I just feel so blessed to be your sister. I look up to you in every way, even physically! You are an example to me and a fortification to my faith. Coming home has been hard for me and it really has felt like such a tender mercy that you've chosen to serve and can be this light for me. I love you more than you will ever know. You are amazing! Don't ever forget that. I am counting down the days until you come home, but also so excited for you to love these years and to really become who Heavenly Father intents for you to become. He has great things in store that span way further than your mission, but this is the springboard. Continue to give it your all and to LOVE IT! Love the hard days, the rough companions, the sore muscles and worn shoes- it is so worth it and pretty soon, you'll be sitting in your college apartment wondering where the time went. 

I love you with my whole heart. Can't wait to talk to you soon! Know that all my prayers and thoughts are with you this week as you travel and start out in the field! How exciting! I'm jealous! You are my role model. Happy happy birthday! 

Love,

Emma 
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


Miles!
I’m sorry I didn’t get this out yesterday. I had a late night- it’s not that I forget but I procrastinate-sorry! I had basketball and I went to Rylee’s house later and between those things and driving to school I had a lot of solo driving time. Which was fun and nice to leave and not have to wait around. The rule is that I leave my phone in my backpack until I am parked which I’m okay with but I was parked in the Rocky parking lot and I had the radio on and the 102.7 make up or break up came on and I remember all the times we were almost late to school or the seminary bus bc we had to listen to the whole thing. Now that I think about it it was probably just me asking you to wait so I could finish it haha.
It was so weird going to school with a phone but it was so fun too! I know that you are probably thinking that I’m a total addict but it is not true!

Also Miles I absolutely loved your card! It made me cry but also made me so happy! I loved every minute of last year going to school and going to lunch with you every month! Another fun random memory: I literally can’t eat panda without thinking about when we went while you were still in the MTC because you were still hungry after you ate lunch hahaha. You said that you wanted to be spontaneous and you said that I could get some but I had to eat my unfinished lunchable. I also vaguely remember you paying for both of us and telling me that you probably wouldn’t eat for a week in the field because of me- I really hope that’s not the case. I know it probably isn’t mama’s cooking over there but I’m sure you’ll come home and want to make us all kinds of good stuff you ate over there!

I only have one more open gym left on Tuesday and I’m really glad that it is almost over but I'm worries ab tryouts- I haven’t really talked ab this a lot with mama and dad but I don’t know if I’ll make the cut. They have a little over more than two teams worth of girls, but they don’t have a frosh coach. I don’t know for sure but that would be so embarrassing and so lame. I am pretty close with the JV coach and I really like her and obviously that is what I’m aiming for but I haven’t been playing very good and and I really dislike playing with the varsity players because they don’t pass the ball. We’ll see soon enough with tryouts right around the corner.

Well I really hope that you have an amazing week and know that I’m always always praying and thinking about you! I know that you probably hear that a lot but I’m tell you- IT’S TRUE!! Keep at it Miles! You are more of a role model to me than you could possibly know!💜

Love,
           Avery⚡

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Hey miles!

 

Okay, there is little spiritual nourishment from this email, sorry haha. But I thought you would get a kick out of this story. It is literally a series of unfortunate events.

Maybe 3 weeks ago, I got into my car to go to the temple. I put it in reverse and took my foot off the gas. my car was parked facing the road on a little downhill parking space, for some reason, my gear shift didn't engage with my engine so when i let go of the break, instead of reversing, the car rolled forward, off the curb, and into the door of the honda parallel parked in front of me. (I know what you're thinking, I won't pretend to be a good driver but this really was my car's fault. I had it checked this weekend in Idaho and dad looked it over, it was doing funky things, so now it is good) Anyway, I was super flustered. In tears I called mom and dad, they were so understanding and kind, I was a mess haha  You know that pit in your stomach when you hit something- ugggh! On my way to the temple too, how lame is that?!


So I left a note on his windshield, telling them to call me for insurance info. I prayed so hard that it could be a girl's car. It would just make my life easier, I wouldn't have to worry about it. I think Heavenly Father got a kick out of the whole deal because it ended up being a boy, and to make things worse, HE IS IN MY WARD! He texted and said, "your handwriting is insanely good, I think you are in my ward" WEIRD! So i asked him what his name was and literally had zero idea who he was, i've never heard of him in my life. But he said, "I don't think we've met but your name sounds so familiar" Miles, there is no way he has "heard" my name. I don't have a calling, i've never been asked to speak or pray, i've only been to my ward like 4 times because of conference and going home so often. So automatically i knew this would be an awkward deal haha. His name is Tate Larson. what kind of name is Tate for a boy? I'm so mean. (I'll attach a picture for you- he isn't ugly, but he is short (honlestly he kind of reminds me of Seth, don't tell sadie haha)and the whole thing is awkward)

Fast forward to two weeks ago, I stayed home from church on Sunday because I had that bad cold and didn't want to get anyone else sick. Ward prayer is every night at 8pm, of course, I didn't go because I didn't go to church. But my roommate went and afterward brought the whole ward over. I was so ticked. I was sitting on the couch, in my pajamas pretty much, no makeup, and feeling sick, minding my own business and watching the Chosen, next thing I know this kid is standing in my living room. AHHHH! He goes, " Hey, Are you emma? I'm Tate" I felt so vulnerable and uncomfortable, so i apologized for hitting his car and to this day that is the only communication I have had with him in person.

I have been avoiding him, which is hard because we are in the same ward, so any ward activity he is around. I need to bite the bullet and just be normal but I know he is interested an it is just werid. He texts me pretty often about random things which is weird to me, he acts like I gave him my number but really i just hit his car and needed to send him my insurance. He texted me this last friday and said,"Hey, random question are you doing anything tomorrow night?" THANK GOODNESS i had already made plans to go home for the weekend. Barely got out of that one. Hopefully he doesn't ask again, i really don't want to do that.

So there is that story. I am still avoiding him, and luckily don't run into him on campus or anything. HOW AWKWARD!! Literally dating in Provo is the worst! I am dodging people left and right- maybe I should be flattered, but they are all weirdos and I'm not interested at all.

I have psychology with Bryce Higbee, I don't know if you know who that is. He is super tight with Oakley and Preston, and I served with him in Hawaii, although never in the same zone. He is super tall, 6'5 and I think he is super cute, but the whole deal has been SO slow and kinda weird. Preston told me he was interested in me and I would totally go on a date with him but he is sending mad mixed signals and not forward at all. Some days he is super warm and friendly and some days (like today) he didn't even talk to me so I have no idea. I'm tired of worrying about it so I'm just going to live my life and see what happens. But if I had to pick, I would want him to ask. (i'll attach a pic of him too haha)

I'm going on a date tomorrow with a kid in my english class .His name is Jack and he is super nice and a homie haha. Not interested at all but mom says i need to stop making excuses and be normal so i thought this was a harmless group date that I could suck up. I got asked out to a Jazz game (I thought you would be pretty excited about that) but I said heck no because the kid's friend who was setting it up, said he was interested in a girlfriend and not just a first date. Hard pass. not even worth an NBA game haha.

So there is my awkard boy drama. Hopefully you aren't bored out of your mind, or making fun of me. It is such a struggle. I will never get married haha, i hate first dates lol!

I should probably end this with something worth reading... I had this quote hanging on my wall in all my missionary apartments: "You've had eternity to prepare for your mission, and you will have eternity to reflect on it. But you only have two years to live it" I know that two years feels like a long time. IT IS! And especially when the days are long, the language isn't coming like you expected, and the companion situation is a joke- but I promise it will be the best experience of your life. Not a day goes by that I don't think about my mission. I wish I could do certain things differently, no one is perfect, but I am forever changed and forever grateful. I wouldn't choose to relive it but I would never erase it. It impacts everything that I do, my testimony is grounded in some of those experiences and my relationship with heaven wouldn't be what it is without that struggle. If I could give you any piece of adivice, it would be to pour it out to Heavenly Father. Tell Him everything. The gross bug you saw, the annoying thing your companion did at a lesson, the awkward encounter with a member where you understood absolutely nothing they said... it is okay to be frustrated, it is okay to think about home or to worry about the time, none of that makes you a bad missionary, it makes you normal! Heavenly Father sees the struggle and loves you for it. This is how He is refining you, preparing you to be the leader, husband, and father that He needs. He has such big things in store, there is so much life after the mission, but these two years are how you become more of what He needs. You learn to put others before yourself, to really love people the way that the Savior did, and to prove to Heavenly Father that you will do what He asks even when it is hard.

I love you Miles. I could write an entire 50 page essay on the things I learned on my mission and the ways it changed me but you don't need that. You will learn it all yourself and write your own essay. You are doing everything right! Keep the faith, this week will end and P-day will be right around the corner. You make me so proud. Please know you aren't missing much up here- life looks the same as when you left and we are always thinking about you. You have so much to look forward to, including DATING! yay! (*gag*) Don't wish this time away, make it count. Find the good and learn to love the hard! You amaze me! Thoughts and prayers this week and always!

Love emma

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
11-10-22

Hey Miles! 

 

First off, your haircut doesn't even look bad- you can totally pull it off so I hope that isn't on your mind. When you sent the mirror selfie I had my doubts haha but in the group picture it looks good! It looks like you're embracing hot & humid life. 

 

I don't have anything interesting to report, and I know you don't have time to read a book so I'll keep it pretty short. 

 

I just got back from the Provo City Center Temple, it is stunning! I can't wait for you to be in Provo, football games, temple trips, basketball games... it is going to be so so so much fun! Anyway, the temple prayer was so beautiful and pretty much specific to missionaries and their purpose. I got a little teary- your example is so meaningful to me and to so many others. I remember so well the hard and hurt of my mission, and I know that you experienced some of that second hand, yet your desire to serve didn't falter, that says so much about you. 

 

I hope it is getting a little better, the language, the comp, the work... I have been praying for Benjamin this week and hope you've gotten around to see him. 

 

College life is getting to me. I got an 88% on my paper and that dropped my grade, i'm pretty frustrated with it. English and Chem are the two classes this semster that I need A+'s in and right now it is an A-. SO STRESSFUL. I've been procrastinating my big chemistry test and am finally planning to take it tomorrow. I am feeling pretty prepared but it is just so important that I do well, I feel like I am psyching myself out. We will see, fingers crossed. 

 

I went to the BYU opening night Men's basketball game against Idaho State (we were predicted to win by 75%) it was tied up 55-55 with 26 seconds left. Thankfully we pulled the W but it was a nail biter. BYU is getting so much hate in the comments lol. LONG SEASON AHEAD and we aren't even in the big 12 (first game jitters?? hopefully) regardless, it was way fun to be there! 

 

This week in my scripture study, (I have a New Testament Religion Class so I have to read the first four gospels in the Bible) I was reading the story of Mary and Martha when Jesus comes to dinner. Martha is so busy making dinner, cleaning the house, and making sure Jesus feels completely comfortable in their home. It is little wonder she gets so frustrated when Mary is just sitting at Jesus' feet, not helping with all that needs to be done. It is super easy for me to see myself in Martha's shoes. I feel like I'm running around with my head cut off, trying to balance school, and social, but then I get to the end of my day and I've made no time for the Savior. I didn't read my scriptures, I forgot my morning prayer, it's been two weeks since I've been to the temple... In come follow me it says, it refrences a quote by Sister Carol Mckonkie that I really loved, 

 

"if we would be holy, we must learn to sit at the feet of the Holy One of Israel and give time to holiness. Do we set aside the phone, the never-ending to-do list, and the cares of worldliness? Prayer, study, and heeding the word of God invite His cleansing and healing love into our souls. Let us take time to be holy" 

 

The second thing I took away from this story was the way that the Savior responds to her frustration. He gently told her to evaluate her priorities, and shift the way she used her time to meet her focus. WE MAKE TIME FOR THE THINGS THAT ARE MOST IMPORTANT TO US <3 So i've made some goals to be better in the upcoming weeks, setting aside the things that don't really matter and putting Him first. 

 

I was thinking about it in terms of a missionary too- there are so many things you can fill your day with. I remember daily planning every morning- I felt like I was always tempted to drag our my language study, or make a fun facebook video of the cool places in my mission, or mark up the 50 copies of Book of Mormons on the shelf- It wasn't that they were bad things, they were great ideas and they technically would align with my missionary purpose- However was it the best use of my time? Probably not. I would catch myself avoiding tracting, or facebook time, or street contacting because they were harder and further outside my comfort zone. I don't know if you relate to any of that but if I could challenge you to do one thing this next week: Fill your day with the things that will make the most difference. Look outside the box, TALK TO EVERYONE- I know it is hard with your comp and feels a little like walking on eggshells as the trainee, but you have so much to offer RIGHT NOW and so much to teach him too! 

 

I know you are in Aruba for a reason. Your call was not random, or lucky, (trust me I've heard that so so so many times) it was divinely designed. God is preparing His children there to be ready to recieve what you have to offer, but it is up to you (following the Spirit and being prepared/worthy) to find them. It is the world's most important Scavenger Hunt! Can't wait to hear all about your week and to see you. 

Please know you're in all my thoughts and prayers. You're not missing anything here, in a couple years you will look back and miss where you are right now. Soak it all in. I love you more than you know!

 

Emma 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
FROM Elder Miller to Graham 11-13-2022
  Dear Brother,
I love you so much, and I am so happy I get to talk to you for a little on Mondays. It looks like you are pretty busy and having fun. If you have time this week I have some questions for you:
-Where are you in your Book of Mormon reading? I am in Jacob and learning about the parable of the vineyard.
-What have you done on the Lego table? maybe you could attach some pictures.
-What are your friends like? I don't know their names, and how has school been?
-What are you looking forward to? Thanksgiving break will be fun.
-Anything you aren't looking forward to?
-And anything else you want to talk to me about.
I love you so much Brother, I think about you every day, and wish you could be my companion out here in Aruba. We would tear it up. I was listening to my little MP3 player the other day and a song came on called brothers. maybe mom can find it on her computer, but it was a song about brothers being together forever, and it just made me happy that I have a brother like you forever. I'm happy you get to sleep up in my bed for a couple of weeks. I'll think about you up there this week. Maybe that means some Ninjago mornings too. I love you Brother. Give the dogs some kisses for me. Keep being a good kid and keep working on that golf swing so we can play when I get back. Have a good week brother. I love you like crazy!
-Elder Miller


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

11-16-22 Sadie: Seriously thank you so much for getting on in the mornings sadie. It means so much to me to just see you and hear from you. I know its not a ton of time and is hard with school but I love every second. I am happy work is going good for seth. That is a blessing. I hear about all these fun memories you make with emma and seth down there in Provo and it makes me so excited to join you guys in a couple of years. 

Last night I was reading through the letters you guys gave me when I left for the MTC and they were all so sweet, but yours last night was really special to me. You are so good at writing letters. You are so sincere and it was so kind. You have so much advice in there that I need to reread and reread. I think your first transfer in Ecuador was a lot like mine. Or at least the tears part of it. It is comforting to know on days when it feels like that, that my big sister has been there and knows how I feel. Man this hard, and I'm still not loving it yet, but I'll figure it out, and talking to you on mondays makes it so much better.

Also your painting sadie means so much to me. I want you to know it is the first thing I look at every morning. While my companion is still sleeping I go in our study room and I just look at it for a little, and it reminds me of you, and how the savior knows my circumstance and is there for me. I am sorry this is short I want to keep writing I just don't have a lot of time. I love you sadie, and I want you to know I am so grateful to have you as a role model and as a sister. Have a great week hermana.

-Elder Miller

 

11-17-22

Miles, 

 

Your email meant so much to me! I know how precious pday time is, and so that really made me feel like a million bucks. I feel really bad, because Emma asked me how often I email you, and I realized I haven't. I'm sorry, and I'll try to be better. I guess I don't because I feel like I don't always have a lot to say because all I do is go to school and work, but I'll still work on emailing you, because I want you to know how much you mean to me.

I'm glad you love the painting. It's the first time I've painted people, and that was challenging, but enjoyable. I want to keep improving, and then maybe I'll do a version 2 of that painting:) Mama told me I could probably customize and sell it for missionaries, but I told her, "No, that one's an original just for Miles." It's a special one to me. 

I'm glad you like the letter too. It can be hard to write letters for missionaries, because as you're coming to understand now, a mission is an extremely bittersweet experience. I hope you never get down on yourself for "not loving it yet" because that's okay. You don't have to love a mission, you just have to love what it does for you. And believe me, Elder Miller, you've got the right attitude to have your mission do wonders for your life. Some people come away from their missions and talk about it with a rosy glow like it was the best part of their whole life, and I think they've just kinda blocked out the hard stuff. 'Cause there's a lot of hard stuff. I'm still working on not feeling that post-mission guilt because I'm so grateful I served a mission, but it was miserable a lot of the time! What makes your mission wonderful is whether you mentally and spiritually rise above the garbage parts. I joke that it's like a line, and most of the time you're way down in the dumps, but there are occasional crazy high points, and they get you through the next slump. If we can keep our chins up, the Lord blesses us with more highs, but a real mission (like real life) is in reality more lows than highs. 

I hope that isn't depressing, it's not meant to be. It should be encouraging to us on our missions and in our lives that we're doing the right thing if it's hard, and we're living right if we're choosing to believe that it will be worth it. I can promise you it will. I'd take no amount of money to relive my mission, but if I had no choice, I would gratefully do it again to secure the blessings I've received because of it. I hope that all made sense. 

Well, a little random summary about the Jones family this week. :) We're wrapping up school today and tomorrow to go on Thanksgiving Break! We are so pumped and really need the rest. Because we both need to work on Monday, we won't be heading to Meridian until Tuesday morning, but we'll get to be there Tues-Sun. We're so excited, we haven't been back to see the family since that weekend when I said goodbye to you. I want to take my paint stuff and really relax! Viry, Auntie K, and Drew Youngquist will be there, so we will see how feasible relaxation really is haha. Nah, it'll be a blast. 

Seth is loving his job, and it meant a lot to him that you mentioned that to me. I hope you know how much he loves you, I know you two didn't kick it off as best pals, and that's okay, but he's really excited for the day that you get home and come down here to Provo to hang out with us:) He asks about you all the time, and we love your pictures. And your emails! Oh my goodness Miles, you write the best emails, I know that can be a major pain, but don't stop, we love them! 

Seth's parents officially finalized their divorce this week, so that's been pretty hard. We got really blessed with our parents and their marriage, and I'm just now learning to appreciate that. 

I'm so excited for this semester to just be over, I hate my business classes and I've really struggled in some of them. Particularly my computer science class. I'm pretty excited to move in another direction starting in January. I've been considering moving toward the Plant and Landscape Management Major, (instead of Wildlife) because it's more construction geared (could potentially help Seth someday) and it has more of a focus on building landscapes rather than maintaining national parks and things, which I think would be more convenient. It also includes a lot of business classes (which I've basically completed since I thought that's what I wanted to do) so I'm already making progress. But we will see, I'm not going to officially declare it as my major for now. 

 

Well, Miles, that's all I got for you right now, but I hope you know how much I love you. And I am so INCREDIBLY proud of you. We all are. 

 

Sé que lo que estás haciendo es lo correcto, y va a bendecirte. Mucho amor, 


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥




















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emails from Mama part 2 Jan 2023- April 2023

MTC GRADUATE- mission bound