♦ Elder Miller week 47 (7-10-23)
Crazy another week is here! Hope all is well with each of you! This week was a quick one with a fast trip to Aruba to mix it up in the middle!
Zone conference was super good! In our mission we are putting a big emphasis on working with the members because they can connect with the people we teach in a way we can't! It was way fun flying over to Aruba with all the Curaçao and Bonaire missionaries!
Hope your 4th of July was good! Being out here has made me appreciate America so much! We are so blessed! I was crossing my fingers we would get some fireworks that night but we couldn't see any. It's okay because it was Flag Day here awhile ago and there were a few fireworks.
Not too much more to report on. We are working with our friend Osmaila and helping here get ready for her baptism on the 22nd of the month!
One scripture I read last week that I really liked was in The Book of Mormon...
Alma 37:34
34 Teach them to never be weary of good works, but to be meek and lowly in heart; for such shall find rest to their soul
When Jesus Christ walked the earth, he 'went about doing good' (Acts 10:38). I love how that verse in the book of Alma says we will find rest by looking outward. That is so true. Charity, or the pure love of Christ will bring true joy in a world that is becoming ever more selfish. I invite each of us to look out this week and see whose burden can be lifted. It'll make their day, but I bet It'll make yours too!
Have a great week! Enjoy summer time!
-Elder Miller










































Comments
Post a Comment