♦ Elder Miller week 101 (7/22/24)

 

Bon dia i bon siman mi rumanan stimá!


I don't know how I feel about writing this down, but I'm coming up on the last week of my mission. Haven't quite wrapped my head around that. I'll send out one more email next week and then I promise I'll stop jamming your inbox:) Thanks for always reading these...

What a week! It was full of 'last times' which makes me sad, but so many good memories to hold on to. Our transfer zone conference went really well. Love the ABC Zone!

A couple of days ago my long-time friend Alex was baptized! It's been a long time coming and it amazes me to see the changes he has made in his life to follow Jesus Christ more fully. We will be tight for life and I'm so proud of him.

Over the past 3 months I have studied every conference address of our beloved Prophet, President Russell M. Nelson and just finished this past week. It has changed my life. From his call to the apostleship in 1984 to his latest address to us all this last April 2024, his words have touched my spirit and given me a clearer focus in my missionary work and personal life. They're all so good but I wanted to list a few of my favorites below and invite you to study them when you have the time...

•We Are Children of God

•Endure and Be Lifted Up

•Decisions for Eternity

•Drawing the Power of Jesus Christ into OurLives

•We Can Do Better and Be Better

•The Power of Spiritual Momentum

•Overcome the World and Find Rest

•Rejoice in the Gift of Priesthood Keys

Throughout all of his messages I have seen a consistent theme that he shares repeatedly with us today: Choose to live the higher laws of Jesus Christ, make and keep temple covenants, and look to the future with a 'celestial' perspective.

I testify that President Russell M. Nelson is God's modern day prophet. He holds the the keys to the kingdom of God on this earth and the authority to exercise those priesthood keys. Like the prophets of old, he speaks the will of our Heavenly Father. I invite you to follow his counsel, warnings and teachings. You will not be led astray as you do. The promises he makes are sure; as we follow him, we follow Jesus Christ. How grateful I am to live in a day when God's servants, the prophets speak to us and guide the Lord's restored church!

Good luck this week. Don't forget to smile, there is so much to be thankful for!
-Elder Miller











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Emails from Mama part 2 Jan 2023- April 2023

MTC GRADUATE- mission bound