Elder MIller week 7 (10/3/22)
Bon Dia!
Wow! This is nuts… I actually made it to the field! This last week has been cray and just go go go. I’m actually headed out to ARUBA tonight, to get to my first area, and hopefully it’s my last flight for a while. Since Thursday I’ve been on the island of Curacao, at the Mission Home, and have also crashed with a couple other companionships in their apartments. So, no, I haven't really settled in yet and cannot wait till tonight to settle into my first spot in Aruba (Noord-northern part of Aruba). One great thing about my time here in Curaçao is that I’ve really gotten to know my mission president and his wife. They are awesome and I’m so excited to get to know them more. Also, shout out to a couple of elders who have taken me under their wing while I’ve been in this limbo. I got to go proselytizing with them the other night. We took bikes (Man, I haven’t ridden a bike in a minute) and went all over the island talking to as many as we could. The people here are so kind and are so humble.
Side note, there are so many dogs here and lots of strays. I literally feel like I’m in a missionary movie while I bike down these sketch streets getting chased by dogs. We have to wear these neon construction vests while we ride at night- and I wasn’t a fan of that idea when I first heard about it, but after just one night of riding a bike on these crazy roads, man I am grateful for it.
So it turns out that Papiamento is real. It is actually a sweet language and sounds so sick. It is used a lot in Curacao. The Elders have been teaching me the basics and really drilled in one sentence that I’ll never forget, “ Mi ta bai duna bo un sunshi” That means, “ I want to give you a kiss.” They said that’s all I’ll need so ya, basically I’m fluent. Haha. No, not by a long shot. They are cool and just crack me up. I think it’ll be mostly Spanish in Aruba- but I’ll get back to Curacao and Papiamento later, I’m sure.
Spiritual thought of the week, watch GeneralConference! And if you already did, watch it again! It was amazing and I know our prophets speak directly from God.
Not many pictures this week, I’ll be better about that, but make no mistake, this place is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you for all the prayers, I feel them! Have the best week! I’m thinking about you!
Spiritual
Bon Sénam!
Elder Miller



Comments
Post a Comment