♦Elder Miller week 53 (8/21/23)
Hey everyone! How was last week? Mine was pretty crazy here in Curaçao as we are finishing up the transfer.
We took the Elders who have the car to the airport early Tuesday morning, for exchanges in Aruba. So that meant we got the car for a few days! Felt a little funny since my whole mission I've been on a bike, but it was so nice. We were able to spread out and find so many new people because of it!
This last weekend we had such a sweet sports night at the church. It's been really hit or miss the past few weeks, but on friday we had 13 different dudes pull up who wanted to play basketball. So sweet, 5-6 of them were non-members. It was way fun and we hope this next week goes the same. It's always funny when all these island kids get used to being the best on the island and then these Americans speak their language and can hang on the court. I think we'll keep them coming back. Pretty fun.
Other than that I am doing well. It's been go go go recently but there is really nothing better than just being absolutely beat after a long, good day. Thank you all for the emails and support. It is always fun to hear from you and your families!
My Book of Mormon study led me to a powerful verse this week...
Mosiah 5:13
13 For how knoweth a man the master whom he has not served, and who is a stranger unto him, and is far from the thoughts and intents of his heart?
These kinds of scriptures always call for a moral inventory. Where is your heart? At the end of the day, what is on your mind. What matters most to you? I know I can't always answer those questions how I want. But I promise you that the master you are choosing to or not to serve is ALWAYS thinking about you. Don't forget that!
Have a great week! Good luck to everyone starting back up at school! Go tear it up!
-Elder Miller

























Comments
Post a Comment